How Can I Stay?
To qualify to stay at a Ronald McDonald House, you must be a parent/legal guardian who:
- Has a child 18 years or younger being treated at a Portland hospital, OR has a child aged 19-21 who stayed at a Ronald McDonald House when the child was 18 or younger, and the child is continuing to receive care for the same condition.
- Lives more than 30 miles from Portland.
- Has an active permanent physical address.
If you meet these qualifications, take the next steps:
- Get a referral - Contact your child's assigned hospital case manager/social worker, or your home physician, for a referral.
- Complete the screening - You will be asked a series of questions that must be answered completely.
- Submit a referral - After completing the screening, ask the case manager/social worker or home physician to call the Ronald McDonald House to put in your referral.
- Check availability - Because we are unable to take reservations, call on the day you plan to arrive.
Important things to know
- We are unable to take reservations because we never know how long a child may need to be in the hospital.
- Families are admitted as availability permits.
- Check in hours are 11am to 7pm.
- One room per patient.
- We request $20 per night, however, no family is turned away if they are unable to pay.
- Families clean their room and wash their towels and sheets before checkout.
- The buildings and grounds of both houses are completely SMOKE FREE.
- Families actively share in keeping the House clean and tidy.
- Families must be respectful and tolerant of other families who are equally concerned about the well-being of their own children.
Please take our House Tour to become familiar with the Ronald McDonald Houses.